Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bronx Zoo

This weekend since Tony is out of town I asked my sister and her kids to come visit. They arrived on Thursday and leave Sunday. Yesterday we decided to visit the Bronx Zoo. I have been here for almost 4 years and have never been. It has been on Tony and my "things to do before we leave" list. Even though we are not leaving anytime soon, I thought it would be fun to go with kids. It was actually a cool zoo- even though the food stand that we had a not so healthy lunch at was right beside the camel rides. And why must people feed the pigeons, especially near the food court? That should just be illegal. Juliann really enjoyed the mouse house, where we saw all kinds of nasty (probably NYC) mice! Bruce enjoyed the tiger exhibit the most because he had a close range view of a huge tiger that decided to make his mark on the window! Kerrie and I enjoyed it all. It was a great day!! Not sure what today will bring but looking forward to it......(esp. since Tony comes home tomorrow!!)

1 comment:

Jeana said...

No Pics?!! Sounds like fun though. Can't wait to visit soon.